Please review the Terms and Conditions before signing up for Lugiami Community Hackathon. By signing up to join the virtual Hackathon, it is considered you have read, understood and agreed to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
1. All participants must be 13 years old and above, and the event is opened to any nationality.
2. Individuals or small teams with maximum 3 persons are eligible to register for the event.
3. Interested teams are required to sign up via the (Google form link) before 14th April 2021 (Wednesday) 11.59pm Malaysia time.
4. All successful registrations will receive an email confirmation within 3 working days after signing up. We reserve the right to reject your registration to participate in this hackathon for any reasons at our discretion.
5. This hackathon is limited to only 50 teams, on a first come first serve basis. Please register early in order to not miss out.
1. Please note that the organisers reserves the right to make changes, revisions and amendments to the competition and terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event where any changes have been made, the revised terms and conditions shall be updated on https://lugiami.gg/hackathon/ and Lugiami’s Facebook page immediately. Participants are advised to check the hackathon website for the latest updates.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the organisers shall not be responsible for any losses or damage incurred directly or indirectly, as a result of any postponement or cancellation of the event, communications line failure or destruction, interruption and technical malfunction of the event’s webpage during the event.
3. The organiser reserves the rights to disqualify any participant who is found or suspected of tampering with the operation of the hackathon, violating any of these terms and conditions and undertaking fraudulent activities or any behaviour deemed harmful to the hackathon.
- All participants will be required to attend the Virtual Hackathon on the 17th April 2021, which will begin with a Kickoff Briefing at 9am and 18th April 2021.
- All materials submitted must be original works produced by the participants and all teams are not allowed to work on pre-existing projects. You’re allowed to work with open-source resources that are publicly available.
- The entire hackathon will be facilitated via our virtual event platform. All teams will receive guidance from the organisers virtually to enable them to complete their projects and submit the final work within the given time.
- All projects must be completed and submitted to us through email for the first round of evaluation before 4pm (Malaysia time) on 17st April 2021. We welcome submission in the form of Word document or Powerpoint and video (not more than 5 minutes). Your online submission shall include: an introduction of the team and the project developed for the purpose of this hackathon (Minimum Viable Product).
- The Panel of Judges will shortlist the top 8 teams who will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their projects for the final evaluation on 18th April 2021 at 10am (Malaysia Time). The shortlisted finalists will be notified via email, telephone and/or SMS on 17th April 2021 (9pm Malaysia time).
- Finalists will be given 10 minutes to present their projects with Powerpoint format and a Q&A session with the panel of judges will be carried out to further understand the presented concept.
- The evaluation and decisions made by the Organiser and panel judges are final. No communication, queries and comments in this regard shall be entertained
tellectual Property Rights
- By submitting any materials, all participants confirm and agree that all work presented during the virtual hackathon is original and does not infringe the intellectual property of any third party and copyrights.
- All Intellectual Property rights to the project developed at this virtual hackathon are entirely owned by both the participants and organisers. The organiser reserves the rights to use, reproduce or modify the submitted work at any time. The concept and ideation developed must not be reproduced, redesigned and duplicated by any other parties at other platforms without the permission of the organisers.
- The organisers may, at its sole discretion, form a separate agreement with the grand winner and/or any participant to be mutually agreed upon the terms and conditions to collaborate and/or work together in carrying out the project and or other activities desired.
- You will be required to indemnify the organisers against all costs, actions, losses and damages which the organisers may suffer as a result of any claims that your project is illegally obtained or that any third party’s intellectual property rights have been infringed.
- By participating in this hackathon, you consent to the organiser for obtaining your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA 2010).
- The organiser may share or distribute your personal data without consent if required to do so under any applicable law, court ruling or administrative body of competent jurisdiction.
- Participants acknowledge that they may be screen captured, photographed and filmed during this hackathon. Participants agree and consent that any images or videos taken during the hackathon will be used by the organiser for advertising and/or publicity purposes at any future events, across all digital marketing platforms, press releases and printed publicity.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.